Mask

 




  Had to relearn masks in Photoshop as I forgot how to use them as not really a thing I’ve used much. Watched many ‘ easy’ ps mask tuts on YouTube and finally got the gist. I have older version of ps so some differences I had to work around. It was the alt click in the mask thumbnail that got me. Anyway I found that masks were invaluable in my style of using ps brushes on my artwork, controlling where you want texture/pattern etc. For my music mixes covers I generally I use a model’s face starting point as a blank canvas to experiment on, masking the original image so it’s changed enough to be unrecognisable or enough so it can be creatively used. Always working on variations of techniques for my visual ideas. Different atmospheres to create a certain mood ( that may or not be in the music I’ve choose). It can be random, luck or a guided hand, if it fits. Importantly as well they have to be done reasonably quickly as I’d have spent long hours sourcing and piecing the tracks together in a coherent way. Track listing and uploading. So two hours is max for me. With these tutorials I found I’d collected a lot of covers to potentially use in future mixes The one above, I thought wasn’t suitable, but still liked it, I’ve posted. Used old notebook paper, a script stamp and stained it with coffee. I think it’s about communication. Which I don’t do enough of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment